Monday, April 5, 2010

An Amazing Weekend

Our weekend was quite the event!  It started on Friday morning with TF having the day off but needing to go into work for an hour.  LBG and I walked around the campus and explored the sights.  We found a really nice patch of grass under a tree to play under which was so refreshing!  LBG shocked me with his new talent of sitting up independently!  I’m pretty sure he scared the daylights out of him when I squealed. 

As we were getting ready to leave, we drew quite the audience.  I suppose if you’ve never watched a mom strap a baby onto her back, the scene might look a bit scary and I’m pretty sure the onlookers were place bets as to when I was going to drop him!

Fast forward to the mid afternoon when we took a stroll around a civil war site.  TF is a HUGE Civil War buff, so really wanted to go.  He and I visited the site when I was pregnant, but certain events occurred and we needed to leave soon after arriving.  No, I didn’t go into labor.  It was more of a urination situation!

Anyhoo, we had a blast and LBG took a nice long nap in his stroller.  I know TF will be taking him back when he is older and can enjoy the view from the top of the hill.

Saturday, we decided to be criminals!  Ok, not really, but sorta kinda.  Our city is in the process of building a walking trail the spans quite a few miles.  We’ve visited the two finished phases, but we visited the third phase, which will be linking up with the river walk along the Cumberland River.  We walked along the river and then when we got to the new portion of the trail, we walked around the red tape crossing off the area and continued our walk!  We saw were the mighty Cumberland connects with a smaller river.  This was something TF has wanted to see for a while so he was excited. 

Let’s take a small intermission.  If you haven’t picked up on the theme, we are trying to get LBG outside as much as possible.  There is way to much to be seen and heard outdoors that we feel it would be a crime to have him inside all the time. 

Ok, commercial’s over!

Sunday was a day that should go down in history!  In the morning, LBG got some new toys, which he’s been enjoying.  He also learned that he could roll everywhere he needs to go.  It’s so much fun watching him!  Later that morning our dryer decided to smell like it was burning so our clothesline will be our only drying source for a while!

In the afternoon, we took LBG for the longest walk of his and my life!  We walked the entire section B of phase 1 of the trail mentioned above.  That’s right, we walked 5 plus some change miles!  LBG slept the whole time, minus the last 15 minutes!  I’m sure he would have loved listening to the birds and things, but I’m sure he enjoyed his visions of sugarplums just the same.  We might do the walk again soon, but first I need to buy proper shoes!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend!

How was yours?

0 comments: