Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Brothers and Sister

Today, while LBG and I were hanging his diapers out to dry, I realized that I haven’t introduced you to his brothers and sister!  How could I forget my 4 oldest?!

Would you like to know what reminded me?  Henry, our second “child” has been at war with nature the past two days and watching him attempt to catch a bumble bee in his mouth is absolutely hilarious! 

The month of April is a special month for our family.  We don’t run the A/C or the heat at all.  Saves a ton on electricity and gives us the opportunity to air out the house.  Not sure if we’ll make it all month this year, but we’ll try.  Anyways, I digress.  The dogs spend a large amount of their time outside-mostly their own choice so every five minutes I can hear Henry’s teeth slamming together as he tries to catch one of those pesky bees!  I can’t exactly tell him to stop, so I guess he’ll learn the hard way. 

So, with out further ado, I introduce to you:

Frida
Our miniature diva.  If you come to our house, she is the one you should fear- but only because her bark is 100x bigger than her bite, I promise.  TF and I rescued her from a nearby shelter in the summer of ’05.  It was pure fate because we were interested in her after seeing the photo and description online.  As luck would have it, she was adopted out that morning.  TF and I still were on a quest to find a companion so we visited the shelter.  They shuffled us into a room and closed the door.  We assumed we were being interviewed, but instead the lady opened the door to a crate and out popped our princess!  She’d been returned about an hour prior to us arriving!  So while she might be pint sized, she has a gallon-sized heart and ego!  She is more interested in LBG’s burp clothes than she is in him.




Henry
You know that strange fact about ostriches having brains the size of their eye or something like that?  Yeah, that’s Henry!  All kidding aside, he is the most lovable 115lbs teddy bear I’ve ever met.  He’s insanely stubborn and uses his size to his advantage.  I could tell you story after story of his crazy antics but that will have to be a separate post.  We adopted him in October of ’06.  He was living with a foster family that is part of the Old English Sheepdog (OES) Rescue of the Southeast.  He was put up for adoption after his first family had a baby and couldn’t afford both.  We made sure he understood that just because LBG would be joining us, he wasn’t going anywhere!  Traditionally, OES were sheared down with the sheep and their hair  was mixed in.  TF really, really wants to make a Henry sweater ;)


Tony and Murray
Our twins!  I would tell you who’s who, but I honestly have no idea!  They don’t really do to much, but LBG loves watching and listening to them.  In the mornings, they have conversations with the wild birds!  It’s so much fun listening to them. 


So you are probably wondering what Henry looks like underneath his winter coat.  The first time he was shaved down, which happens twice a year, I didn’t recognize him!
 Disclaimer for the above photo- He was just taking off to run, not taking a leak.  I promise!

Our miniature zoo is pleased to make your aquaintance!

0 comments: