Friday, March 26, 2010

A Scary List, an Annoying List,and an Awesome List

Neither The Father nor I have lived in a neighborhood where there has been a Home Owner's Association.  We really don't know what to expect.  In fact, it's making me really nervous!  What if we aren't allowed to have a clothes line or rain barrels?  Or TF can't wash his car using the water from said rain barrels?  What if there are some rules that make absolutely no sense whatsoever? 

But, in all honesty, I'm really not too worried about it becuase we will be installing a six foot privacy fence.  What they can't see won't hurt 'em right?  Unless of course someone rats me out and we have to take down the clothesline.  I really don't foresee these being an issue, but I do know that some HOAs don't allow clothes lines and that's just sad.

Our realestate agent is working on getting us a copy of the rules so we can review them before making our list of plans for our new home. 

We now have the list of recommended repairs from the home inspector.  Nothing too major, but a few annoying things like the master toilet needs new fixtures in the tank and the there is some peeling paint outside (we'll get back to that in a moment.)  TF and I are going to try to do most of the repairs ourselves, but for a few we'll be hiring a good ol' handyman.   

Here is what we'd like to do:
While we are fixing the master toilet we'll install a duel flush kit
Rain barrels- at least two in the back for our gardens
Heavy curtains in the south facing windows which happen to the be front of the house
Install Evolve shower heads
Install digital thermostat- I'd like one with a remote if possible

Of course our compost bin will be moving with us this time around.  I think I might have even convinced TF that I need a super fancy one for my birthday.  We'll see if it happens. 


I'm super excited to get this show on the road!

0 comments: