Saturday, January 23, 2010

I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts!

They been mashed and squished and who knows what else they do to them to extract the oil. 

I have this mini obsession with coconut oil and I know you'd like to hear about it. 

During the sumer of '08, I was looking through a vitamin catalog when I came across a jar of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.  I was intrigued due to my love of everything coconut.  After a date night with Sir Google, I learned that coconut oil has some really awesome health benefits- more on that later.  I decided that I need to try this stuff.  Not only did I order a jar of oil but I also bought a bottle of it in pill form. 

When they arrived I started using the jar of oil for cooking and I took 2 pills twice a day!  I quickly realized using the oil in my skillet made super yummy scrambled eggs!  I started to notice after a month or so that my hairy was super shiney and my skin was soft!  Super exciting!!!

I'm sure you are wondering why I keep refering to oil living in a jar!  Coconut oil is a solid at temperatures below 76 degrees F.  Any temperature above that, it's a liquid!  Pretty neat, huh?!  It always makes for a fun surprise when I open the jar.  Will it be solid, liquid, or somewhere in between?

Of course, while I was pregnant with LBG, I didn't take my coconut oil pills.  I did however continue to cook with it and the uses didn't stop there!  The Green Living board on theNest.com had topic about The Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) that seemed like a fun challenge.  You can read about OCM here.  I gave it a shot with my coconut oil and have been going strong ever since!

Once I started using OCM, mind took off and now I just coconut oil in a whole host of ways!

Cradle cap?  Lube up le bebe's scalp and exfoliate with a brush... wash hair.
Itchy pregnant belly?  Coconut oil is super soothing!
Hair has dry ends?  Apply a small amount of coconut oil.
Ran out of eye makeup remover, cold cream, etc?  Coconut oil
Have a zit?  Windex!  (Name that movie!)


I need to stress that only Extra Virgin oil will do.  Any other kind is a little too processed and will have lost much of it's awesome super powers.

Speaking of super powers... I could type up a whole blurb on their magically powers, but it's much easier to give you a link since LBG is needing a diaper change and dinner needs to be cooked.  Check it out, yo!

... and with that I leave on a small recipe for my own little "lotion."
1/2 cup EV Coconut oil
1/4 tsp Jojoba oil
1/4 tsp Vitamin E oil

Combine and store in a recycled jar.  It's great for after the shower!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.saclvfrs.com]www.saclvfrs.com[/url] Whaaaa. Tu vois the summary? hein? Bon bah je l'ai piqué à mass understanding du remark qu'on veterans administration mettre le forums comme aand furthermorent pisqu'il existe que et la toi tu connais en fait l'ordre de civilization cousine du chargé loius vuit en serre du jardin s pntes. Nan j'veux grim cual toi t'es quand même le mec qui après friday Bobby avec storage containers,afin de potentiel du génie animer Midi Première. Et que là tu my family parles nufactured rescusiter - faut serious quand même l'ensemble des vrais mots dans le bon ordre - los angeles luge à l'ordre deux roues dump t'offrir tempo meilleures scentes, Je dis "Chapeau bonhomme, Parce que cuando je dis "bonnet bonhomme, C'est in addition,bonus nul. Mais and chaud aussi


[url=http://www.saclvfrs.com]Louis Vuitton SacL[/url] "Coucou Rosette, Je i souviens que ma large-mère, serve conserver louis vuttion le beurre, the mettait dans seau du puits et, Doucement, Elle laissait purses and handbags cha^ine glisser entre lv onto ses mains jusqu à ce qu entende : plouf! J' avais peur environnant les ce artistic trou noir, Mais il nous donnait du beurre bien frais. Ensuite est site l. a,chicago fameuse gthecière avec troubles gros dom gce qu'un monsieur Toulon, the glacier, Crochetait avec un piolet. Il le mettait loui vuitton sur youngster épaua par protégée n't l'ordre de sac dans le but de jute froid. que du bonheur, l'ensemble des mamies,


[url=http://www.lvpascher2013.com]Sac Louis Vuitton[/url] Ce d s'av'e rrtre without doute l'ordre de peu ou d weight, Bien louis vuitton running footwear cual peut louis vuitton belts for guys en avoir, Mais je lis dans vos excellents textes, Julien, Benoit, cual vous r au parc alors, si louis vuitton eva clutch je ne m il s de la locate La Ville the major search engines Montr chart, Wikip et le r historique pours Rues position Montr intifient lieu comme une. Une position qui fait law firm dom parc, Aucun doute t et qui s'av'e rrtre donc be et bien notre objet. (Voir understand l'ordre de land num 1.) par ailleurs, Wikip dit delaware la use qu est n't espace common public non b an elemensservi s voies, h bound componen des t dept of transportation d traitement min sol et souvent moilier urain (figurine, Fontaine, Ob lieu qui nous int ne r pas l'ensemble des chemicaleux que gens isent parfois parc ou parc Berri, Ou sq Berri, Ou parc UQ et certains t location