Saturday, January 2, 2010

More Fluff on the Way!

As I've previously mentioned, we are beginning to use cloth diapers. It will be quite a while before we are able to fully switch over, but I'm certain it will happen. LBG might be pushing a year old before we are able to accomplish our feat, but we are trying.

As I said in a previous post, we ordered 4 diapers to start off. We have 3 Thirsties Duo Diapers and 1 Kushies Ultrasomethingorother. We very much like the Thirsties and seriously dislike the Kushies.

The Thirsties are pockets that come with two inserts. One is microfiber and the other a hemp/cotton blend. The two inserts snap together if you'd like to use them that way. You can access the pocket from the front or the back which is cool! They should fit him until he roughly 9 months old!

The Kushies is an All in 2. The attached liner is long enough that you can fold it over if you want to concentrate the coverage. We bought a medium which in theory should fit LBG but in actuality, it goes all the way up to the poor guy's nips! It isn't very absorbent. He soaked through it in about an hour. That is only 15 minutes longer than it took him to soak the Gerber Prefolds!

We now have 4 Bum Genius 3.0s on the way. They are All in 1 so they should be pretty cool. I've seen lots of people recommend them. They should fit him for a good long while since they are fully adjustable! Tuesday, I'm meeting with a mom from Craigslist who's decided to discontinue cloth diapering. I'm sure I'll walk away with some awesome items.

Next on our list is a package of flushable inserts. The Father has requested them in order to attempt to avoid playing in the toilet when LBG decides to "make waste." Once we are in our new home in Nashville, we'll be installing a diaper sprayer as well.

Now, I'm off to stuff the Thirsties and then dream of Sugar Plums dancing in my head.

Good night, my friends!

0 comments: