Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Diagnosis: Lazy!



LBG's two month check-up went fairly well. The Father and I have been concern that he might be missing some mile stones because he doesn't smile on a regular basis (I've only seen 3,) doesn't work on this neck muscles during tummy time, and doesn't follow small objects with his eyes or head. Turns out, we have a lazy child! He is fully capable of doing capable of doing all these tasks, but only when he feels like doing it. I think our pediatrician thinks we are crazy people!

He is a little on the small size according to the growth chart, but not enough to cause concern. We also discussed his skin issues. He has a fair amount of eczema on his hands, arms, chest, and face. She suggested we lube him up with Vaseline a few times a day especially after his bath. I'm not a fan of Vaseline-too slimy and sticky- so if you have an alternative, please let me know! I'm all ears.

He received two vaccines. One was an oral one that he drank like a champ! I think being hungry helped with that. We called it his appetizer. The other was a shot. He did amazingly well and only cried for about 30 seconds. We go back in January for a second round.

In doing my vaccine research, I learned a lot of babies are super sleepy after getting a vaccine. So, of course, my "Lazy Baby" has decided that he doesn't want to sleep today. He wants to play all. day. long. When he isn't playing, he's talking up a storm! Too bad he doesn't feel like smiling.

We are debating if we should stick with our current pediatrician or find a new one in Nashville. I guess only time will tell.

All in all, today was really great. We got a lot accomplished, which is usually what happens when The Father is home from work.

Success!

0 comments: